How to move a treadmill safely?
As most of us are aware,treadmills are huge and heavy exercise equipment. Euphemistically speaking, the treadmill is a device for walking while remaining in the same place. Shifting the treadmill either within the room or down a flight of stairs or to any other premises - it is important to know how to move it safely. Moving a treadmill haphazardly or with less care can result in injury to the men and damage to the equipment.
Here are a few simple steps that you can scrupulously follow for your own safety as well as the safety of the treadmill.
- First of all, you will have to unplug the treadmill. This step is important. Never try to move a treadmill without unplugging it first. Also, remove the safety key from the treadmill.
- Learn the art of lifting the treadmill.Bend your knees to the extent necessary and firmly grip the bottom ofthe treadmill.Lift the bottom edge of the treadmill cautiously and without haste to fold it upward. Steady yourself and hold the treadmill in an upright position.
- Make sure to check the pin before moving away from the treadmill. Lift using the weight in your legs and not your back, for swinging the rear end of the treadmill frame up off the ground.
- Lift the treadmill frame up, swinging it toward the main console. Never release it until the latch on the underside of the treadmill frame is securely fastened in the storage position.
- Grasp the treadmill console and carefully tilt the treadmill back. You need to tilt it extremely slowly to prevent possible accidents. Tilting will facilitate placing the treadmill on its wheels.
- Hold one of the handrails that protrude towards you on either side of the treadmill deck. Grasp the treadmill frame with your other hand. Try to place one foot against one of the wheels. Pull gently on the handrail to tip the treadmill towards you, till thetreadmill is balanced on the wheels.
- Wheel the treadmill cautiously to its new location. Once it is in its new site, position one foot against one of the wheels again. Lower the treadmill gently forward until it rests securely on its base like before.
Here are some further tips. In the event the treadmill does not fold, first check for wheels. Assuming there are no wheels, refer to the treadmill user guide/instruction manual and find out if there are any moving guidelines. If not, the only other alternative would be to dismantle the treadmill according to the instructions before shifting.
Most treadmills are designed to fold, which makes moving the treadmill much easier. But even certain non-folding treadmills come with transport wheels so you can shift them around without difficulty. The fact is you can move a folding treadmill by yourself. But to move non-folding treadmills, you will need some assistance from a helper. It is always safer to engage a helper for moving even the folding treadmills so that you can safely handle the formidable weight and mass.
If you have to shift the treadmill to another room and if the entrance doo is narrow, you have no choice but to disassemble a few parts in order to pass through the door. The same logic applies if you have to carry the treadmill down some narrow aisle or staircase.
When you want to transport the treadmill to a new destination, a professional moving company will carry out the task easily and quickly, as they will have special equipment suited for transportations of this kind.
- Full Service Company
- Local and Long-distance
- Residential & Commercial
- Professional Piano Movers
- Small & Large Moves
- Overnight Storage
- Long-Term Storage
- Climate-Controlled Storage
- Loading & Unloading
- Packing & Unpacking
- Licensed, bonded, and insured
- Free onsite and video estimates