How to Pack Pictures
Wrapping sentimental's such as pictures is not that difficult, but crucial to do. Here’s what you need to
now. Small pictures can be wrapped and stood up in normal packing boxes with other goods.
Very large pictures, such as those commonly found hanging over a sofa or mantle (usually measuring 24" x 36") should be packed by your moving company like ours in one of their specially designed picture or mirror cartons.
Many pictures, however, that are just a little too large to fit in regular cartons (16" x 20" or 18" x 24") can be packed in a moving box you make out of several moving boxes .
- Select a box larger than your picture when opened at both ends.
- Lay your picture, face down, on several sheets of packing paper spread out so as to be almost twice as wide as your picture.
- Open the bottom of the box, and then flatten the carton. Seal one of the open sides with your tape.
- Wrap the picture in the same way as you might a gift box. Bring one side of the packing paper around the picture so that it will cover most of the back of the picture. Then bring the second side of the packing paper around to cover the back of the picture. Seal with tape. Fold up both ends of the packing paper and bring over the back of the picture. Seal with tape. Turn the picture over and seal the areas where the packing paper overlaps.
- Slide the picture into the unsealed side of your box and seal this end with your tape.
- Full Service Company
- Local and Long-distance
- Residential & Commercial
- Professional Piano Movers
- Small & Large Moves
- Overnight Storage
- Long-Term Storage
- Climate-Controlled Storage
- Loading & Unloading
- Packing & Unpacking
- Licensed, bonded, and insured
- Free onsite and video estimates